January Core Words with Symbolstix
To complement a praacticalaac.org blog post series called ‘Resources for a Year of Core Words‘, I created monthly core word boards using Symbolstix. I completed them for the entire school year, and shared the files with staff in my school district. I also wanted to share the monthly core words one month at a time here on my blog. So, here’s the board for January:
Here are some ideas on how you can use the monthly core words:
- Print 1 copy, then laminate it (or put it in a sheet protector) and use it for aided language stimulation during various activities at school (circle time, small group rotations, transitions, lunch, taking a walk, etc.)
- Print 1 copy, then laminate it (or put it in a sheet protector) and provide it to parents for aided language stimulation during various activities at home and in the community (morning routines, dinner time, public transportation, vacation, day trip, etc.)
- Print 2 copies, then cut out each item from both copies. Hide one set around your room and keep the other set to ask a student to find its pair via a scavenger hunt game.
- Print 2 copies, then cut out each item from both copies and play a memory style matching game
- Print 2 copies, then keep one as a full page and cut out the other page. Next, use the cutouts for a glue and paste activity with the full page.